ƒ The Harris Family: Happy Thanksgiving and hello to our (new) niece, Eliora Ruth Singer

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving and hello to our (new) niece, Eliora Ruth Singer


Our niece, Eliora, is just adorable and I've really enjoyed my visit with Helene and Adam this past week.  I have learned a tremendous amount about caring for a newborn and breast feeding just by watching and being present during this first week of Eliora's life.  I'm hoping it'll make my first week with Vivienne a little easier, knowing what I can expect and what the challenges may be.

My mom made a 19-pound turkey yesterday, with Kashi & apple stuffing, and a sugar-free apple pie for a belated - but nonetheless special - Thanksgiving dinner.  Helene and Adam will have lots of turkey to eat during the next week (as well as some other dishes my mom made extra of, so they'll have leftovers).  Steve went to my parents house for Thanksgiving and had a good time spending the day with everyone there and eating all the good food they had (especially the sweet potato side dish my mom had made ahead of time).  He also took a road trip with his long-time friend, Alan Bishop, to Tallahassee to watch the Florida-FSU game (so glad the Gators won!) and I am glad he's had some down-time and had fun since he's been working so much leading up to this long holiday weekend.

My mom and I are headed back to Florida tomorrow and while it will be nice to be back home and I have tons of errands and work (CPE coursework) to do when I get back, I'll miss being able spend so much time with family.  I look forward to seeing Helene, Adam and Eliora again in the spring when they come to visit for Vivienne's baptism!  I don't have a date for that yet, but will post it as soon as I can coordinate it with our church.  Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving weekend! : )

0 comments on "Happy Thanksgiving and hello to our (new) niece, Eliora Ruth Singer"

 

The Harris Family Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez