ƒ The Harris Family: A little girl is on her way!

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A little girl is on her way!


We just found out last week that we've got a little girl coming our way.  I had suspected as much, but didn't put too much faith in my opinion, since I know lots of women who swore they were having a baby boy, only to find out it was a girl or vice versa.  We held off on spending too much time trying to pick names prior to finding out the gender of our baby - just to cut down on the amount of work involved in selecting two names instead of just one and I thought it'd take us a really long time to come up with a name, but surprisingly it didn't!  We have chosen Vivienne Elise - Viv, or Vivi for short.  Steve balked a little when he realized the names were French (I don't understand this lingering resentment against the French!) but when I explained that my name is Greek and his is German and neither one of us is a descendant of Greece or Germany, he gave up the argument against French names (whew! we'd have been back at the drawing board and I wasn't too excited about that idea).

So far all is going extremely well, both with the baby and my pregnancy.  I am hoping that I'll continue the trend of being one of the "lucky ones" and cruise through the rest of the pregnancy as I have to date.  We're at week 18 now - almost halfway!

Steve is quite busy with work and is putting in a lot of late nights this week, but I'm trying to do all I can to support him and giving him lots of encouragement.  Hopefully, this busy time will pass and we'll be back to a more "normal" schedule again soon.

2 comments on "A little girl is on her way!"

Aja B on October 12, 2008 at 11:40 AM said...

Yaaay, a blog! We're so glad you started this. :) And what a wonderful choice of names! I love Vivi as a nickname. :)

Adam Singer on October 13, 2008 at 2:42 AM said...

That's a marvelous name! I was so glad to hear the news that you're having a girl just before services that morning- it really brightened my day.

Of course, a boy would have been marvelous, too!

 

The Harris Family Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | All Image Presented by Tadpole's Notez